Last week I realized that I don’t incorporate warm ups into the weekly workout videos I make – I’m just assuming you’re doing a warm up before you attempt the workout. However, one should never assume, so I decided to make a video exemplifying the type of warm up I usually do before I begin my kettlebell training.
An effective, well-balanced warm up should:
- Raise your core temperature
- Drill the movements you are going to do in the workout at a lower speed, difficulty level, or resistance
- Include skill work that requires consistent practice and/or mental focus
- Limber up your muscles, ligaments, and joints to prepare them to stretch and contract
- Incorporate different planes of movement i.e. frontal, sagittal, transverse
What’s your favorite warm up routine? Hit reply – I’d love to hear from you.