I traveled to my old stomping grounds in the Bay Area this past weekend to compete at the West Coast Classic. As always, the event was meticulously planned and executed. The turnout was a little smaller than previous years – due to the Superbowl being hosted nearby – but it made for a super fun event! The day culminated with an exciting showdown between Team Canada and Team USA (with a number of American lifters playing for Canada).
Lots of records were set on Saturday!
- Brittany van Schravendijk (63kg weight class) – World Record in 2x20kg Long Cycle 69 repetitions; AKA National Record in 20kg Snatch with 154 repetitions.
- Melissa Swanson (68kg weight class) – AKA National Record in 24kg Snatch with 153 repetitions.
- Sayaka Torra (58kg weight class) – AKA National Record in 20kg Snatch with 136 repetitions.
- Rylee Reeves (63kg weight class) – AKA National Record in 20kg Snatch for Juniors with 127 repetitions.
- Jenna Brian (68kg+ weight class) – AKA National Record in 16kg Snatch with 219 repetitions.
- Chris Doenlen (78kg weight class) – AKA National Record in 24kg Biathlon with 243 points.
- Doug Campbell (78kg weight class) – AKA National Record in 16kg Biathlon with 226.5 points.
If I missed anyone please let me know!
Full list of records can be found here:
AKA National Records
World Records for women’s double kettlebell events
Videos of the event can be found on my YouTube page.
Besides what was an amazing day of lifting for me, the best part of the competition was hanging out with all the amazing people who are part of the Kettlebell Sport community, and taking tons of selfies (obviously).