My name is Brittany van Schravendijk, and I’m a professional level Kettlebell Sport athlete and NSCA-CSCS based in San Diego, CA. I specialize in Kettlebell Sport coaching, functional fitness, and sport specific training.
What makes me unique? As a third year Civil Engineering major at UC Berkeley, I was bored and frustrated with my studies. I began interning at a local gym, and discovered I loved to motivate people to become healthy and fit. While I did go on to earn my Bachelors in Engineering, after graduation I resolved to stop caring about what people might think about me veering off the beaten path into a career that makes much less money than an engineering job. I began working full-time in fitness and loved it! In October 2014, I decided to take an even bigger leap–I picked up and moved to San Diego.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA-CSCS)
- Head coach of Kettlebell Sport at KOR Strength & Conditioning
- WAKSC World Champion in 2x24kg Long Cycle
- World & National Record Holder
- 6x Master of Sport
- Silver medalist at the IUKL World Championships 2013
- Ketacademy Level 3 Coach
- Ice Chamber Kettlebell Team member & coach 2011-2014
- StrongFirst Level 1 Instructor
- USA Track & Field Coach Level 1
Brittany discovered Kettlebell Sport in 2011 when she started working at Ice Chamber Athletic Performance Training, located in the Bay Area. She began competing in the sport in October 2012 and has since obtained her Master of Sport in 24kg Long Cycle, 24kg Snatch, 2x24kg Long Cycle, 20kg Snatch, and 2x20kg Biathlon. Brittany holds numerous World and National records.
Kettlebell Sport personal records:
2x24kg Long Cycle – 47
2x20kg Long Cycle – 79
2x20kg Biathlon – 158.5
2x20kg 5′ Triathlon – 309
2x16kg Long Cycle – 107
24kg Long Cycle – 100
24kg Biathlon – 210
24kg Snatch – 92
20kg Snatch – 180