My name is Brittany van Schravendijk, and I’m a professional level Kettlebell Sport athlete and NSCA-CSCS based in San Diego, CA. I specialize in Kettlebell Sport coaching, functional fitness, and sport specific training.
What makes me unique? As a third year Civil Engineering major at UC Berkeley, I was bored and frustrated with my studies. I began interning at a local gym, and discovered I loved to motivate people to become healthy and fit. While I did go on to earn my Bachelors in Engineering, after graduation I resolved to stop caring about what people might think about me veering off the beaten path into a career that makes much less money than an engineering job. I began working full-time in fitness and loved it! In October 2014, I decided to take an even bigger leap–I picked up and moved to San Diego.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA-CSCS)
- Head coach of Kettlebell Sport at KOR Strength & Conditioning
- Youngest American female Master of Sport
- National Record Holder in 24kg Biathlon and 20kg Snatch
- Ice Chamber Kettlebell Team member & coach 2011-2014
- Master of Sport in 24kg Long Cycle by the American Kettlebell Association (AKA)
- Master of Sport in 24kg Snatch by the Orange Kettlebell Club (OKC)
- World Record Holder in 2x16kg and 2x20kg Long Cycle
- Silver medalist at the IUKL World Championships 2013 in Amateur 16kg Snatch
- USA Track & Field Coach Level 1
Brittany discovered Kettlebell Sport in 2011 when she started working at Ice Chamber Athletic Performance Training, located in the Bay Area. She began competing in the sport in October 2012 and has since obtained her Master of Sport in 24kg Long Cycle and 24kg Snatch. She holds an AKA National Record in 24kg Biathlon and is the youngest American female Master of Sport.
Kettlebell Sport personal records:
24kg Long Cycle – 100
24kg Biathlon – 210
24kg Snatch – 92
20kg Snatch – 154
20kg TALC – 69
16kg TALC – 97